Friday, April 4

Literary Bliss


It was a proud day...
I love working for Multnomah County Library!
Yesterday, all the libraries in Multnomah County closed so all 550 employees could attend an all day retreat.
We learned all kinds of interesting things, we learned about emerging technology and listened to interesting authors.
The day culminated with this inspiring video. I was moved to tears!
I feel so lucky and grateful to work for an organization that does so much for our community.

To top it off, after our staff day event, I met some friends for dinner downtown followed by a Literary Arts benefit event featuring Elizabeth Gilbert, acclaimed author of Eat, Pray, Love. Gilbert was delightful, charming and very funny.

I'm feeling quite inspired...

1 comment:

MargaritFox said...

I'm reading her book now and I love it. I would love to meet her.