Thursday, March 13

Where have I been?

You might have noticed that I have not been blogging much lately. 2008 had a rocky start in our home. I've been trying to get my mojo back.
Here are a few things we have been keeping busy with lately.
I hope to blog about them in greater detail over the coming weeks.

1. Dieting
Tyler and I are seriously trying to shed a few pounds. I was inspired by the book, FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT. I realized it was time to take a break from pasta and pizza (and those other yummy carbs that I love so much... cookies, scones, ice cream, bread, etc.). Our diet will continue through March or until I lose 8 pounds.

2. Planning a trip to France
As you may know, we are going to France for three weeks in June. I have been eagerly looking for the perfect apartment in Paris. I hope to share the details of our final itinerary soon.

3. Spending way too much money
KaBOOM... We have just been bombarded with large (VERY LARGE) expenses over the past month. We look forward to getting back to our financial diet. My blog budget has been blown out of the water!

4. Deciding what to do about the high risk lesion in my breast
To excise or not excise... that is the question. Most recently I have been given an opportunity to have a breast MRI and perhaps a PET/CT. I have been researching and trying to decide. decisions... decisions!

5. Working
My program, Every Family Reads, kicked off on March 1. Last week we hosted 10 performances of the play TOMAS & THE LIBRARY LADY for over 4,000 students, teachers and parents. I'm ready for a massage!

Other than that, it has just been the usual... some nice work-outs, some great walks, some new parenting techniques, cooking, shopping, cleaning, eating, sleeping, reading and dreaming.

No comments: