Tuesday, January 1

A happy and healthy new year (I hope)!!

Let me first start by thanking all my friends and family for your notes, calls and reassurance. We can only hope that my recent health findings are solely a scare and reminder for all of us to live life to the fullest. 2008 has started and I am determined to embrace life and make the most of every moment.  

There has been one small victory on the breast front that I am pleased to report. OHSU has agreed to perform a less invasive biopsy. I will have a stereotactic needle biopsy. It is still a complex procedure, but will be much less invasive than the surgical excision biopsy.

I don't think I will have the procedure until mid-January, so I will be on pins and needles until the procedure is complete and biopsy results are shared.

My husband and I are hoping to meet with the radiologist over the next few days to learn more about this finding and the upcoming biopsy.

Stay tuned...

Wishing us all a very happy and healthy new year!!

No comments: